Broadcast teams are welcome at AWI CSD to report about our underwater scientific work around Helgoland island and elsewhere. Broadcast teams can either visit Helgoland as a complete diving group or ask for diver support by the AWI Center for Scientific Diving.
- Before submitting any documents, please contact the head of the AWI-CSD (email@example.com) for a general agreement on the possibility and the possible time for a stay at the Biologische Anstalt Helgoland.
To support and/or integrate broadcast teams in our diving schedule, teams should provide the following documents at least 3 month prior to the visit.
- AWI dive mission application form for the planned visit -> "Online application form for scientific dive missions".
- Valid certificates as "geprüfter Forschungstaucher (certified research diver)" or "European Scientific Diver" for all group members according to BGR/GUV-R 2112.
- For complete teams, name of a competent and experienced dive team leader with the certificate "Tauchereinsatzleiter (dive mission leader)" or "Advanced European Scientific Diver".
- Valid medical exam according to G31 (professional diver medical exam) or a valid foreign professional medical exam - not older than 1 year for all dive team members.
- Valid document for "First Aid" training including CPR not older than 2 years. For complete dive teams without diver support by the AWI, the dive team leader has to provide an appropriate certificate not older than 1 year.
As soon as all documents have been submitted, the AWI Centre for Scientific Diving will finally decide (in close cooperation with the broadcast team leader), if and to which extend the broadcast team can/must be supported to allow an efficient, successful and safe stay at the AWI CSD on Helgoland Island.