We are concerned with the understanding, modelling and prediction of the climate system on time scales from days to decades.
Our research foci include
• the understanding of the mechanisms governing the climate systems along with its variations,
• the predictability of the climate system on time scales from days to decades,
• the response of the climate system to anthropogenic influences, and
• the development of climate models.
We contribute to the education of students and early career scientists through
• lectures and courses at the University of Bremen,
• organisation and contribution to international summer schools,
• webinars, and
• joint research projects.
Our research provides important information for risk management, decision making and society.
To achieve our mission we collaborate with students and scientists from a variety of different nations and fields of expertise. We have in-house and extern cooperations with research groups from other scientific disciplines.