Dr. Emma Smith
- Conducting seismic Vibroseis surveys in Antarctica.
- Conducting explosive seismic surveys (trained in explosives use and management).
- Teaching seismic techniques in the field and classroom to Masters students at Uni. Bremen.
- Processing and analysis of seismic data.
- Postdoc Representative for the Geoscience Divison at AWI
- Early Career Scientist Representative for EGU Cryosphere Division.
Ice stream dynamics: in particular, the basal dynamics that accommodate ice stream flow and how these are related to sub-glacial sediment characteristics and properties.
Ice fabric properties: the formation of ice crystal fabrics under different dress regimes and how these can be investigated using passive seismics, active seismics and radar.
Ice geophysics: particularly the use of active and passive seismics and radio echo sounding in glacial environments.