Helmholtz-University Young Investigators Groups
The establishement of the "Helmholtz-University Young Investigators Groups" program aims to provide the best foreign and domestic junior researchers with excellent working conditions in a research-oriented environment. AWI, together with University of Bremen and the University of Potsdam, is currently hosting 7 groups funded by this program (see navigation links in the left-column). These are:
- Iceflux - Ice-ecosystem carbon flux in polar oceans
- The effect of deformation mechanisms for ice sheet dynamics
- COPER - Coastal permafrost erosion, organic carbon and nutrient release in the Arctic nearshore zone
- Applications of compound-specific 14C analysis for the study of sedimentation processes and carbon cycling in marine sediments
- PHYTOOPTICS - Marine Phytoplankton studied by global biooptical methods
- PLANKTONSENS - "Assessing Climate Related Variability and Change at the Base of Planktonic Food Webs in Polar Regions and the North Sea"
Additional information and call for applications are found in the Helmholtz pages.