Helmholtz-University Young Investigators Groups
The establishment of the "Helmholtz-University Young Investigators Groups" programme aims to provide the best foreign and domestic junior researchers with excellent working conditions in a research-oriented environment. AWI, together with the University of Bremen and the University of Potsdam, is currently hosting seven groups funded by this programme (see navigation links in the left-column).
- Iceflux - Ice-ecosystem carbon flux in polar oceans
- ECUS - Estimating climate variability by quantifying proxy uncertainty and synthesizing information across archives
- COPER - Coastal permafrost erosion, organic carbon and nutrient release in the Arctic nearshore zone
- PLANKTOSENS – “Assessing Climate Related Variability and Change at the Base of Planktonic Food Webs in Polar Regions and the North Sea”
- EcoTrace - Role of trace metals on Antarctic Phytoplankton Ecology
- The effect of deformation mechanisms for ice sheet dynamics
- Dr. Morten H. Iversen: SEAPUMP - Seasonal and regional food web interactions with the biological pump
Additional information and call for applications are found in the Helmholtz pages.