Mariculture in Offshore Windparks
As aquaculture becomes more and more important relative to conventional fishery, the Alfred Wegener Institute conducts intensive research on the fields of marine aquaculture and circuit systems for the cultivation of algae, mussels and fish. Mariculture in surroundings of offshore windparks will be a future topic. The following list comprises some innovations within this context:
- Climbing support for crustaceans (please request)
- Lobster pyramide (please request)
- Colonization and harvesting of crustaceans (please request)
- Habitate harvester for hard substrate preferring animals (please request)
- Underwater equipment carriage (please request)
We are interested in research and pilot projects together with the offshore wind energy industry and other institutions.