The Expedition ANT-XXV/2
Summary and itinerary
Leg 2 of expedition ANT-XXV serves logistic and a wide range of scientific purposes. Research is conducted throughout the cruise from the steaming ship, with few interruptions for station work. Specific objectives are:
• Provision of building material for the construction of the new Neumayer III station.
• Cetacean and ornithological research using visual and acoustic detection techniques.
• Distribution and transport of polyfluorinated compounds and dissolved organic matter.
• Recovery of MABEL ocean bottom observatory.
• Composition of the atmosphere and radiation budget at the atmosphere/ocean intersection.
• Refurbishment of oceanographic observing systems (Argo float array and GoodHope PIES array).
• December 05, 2008: Departure from Cape Town
• Around December 15, 2008: Supply of the Neumayer Station
• January 5, 2009: Arrival in Cape Town